So yeah, I love getting free movie tickets from Ayala Cinema’s Sureseats. Being a loyal movie patron (and site/promo stalker), I often am a recipient of their freebies. As one of my favorite quotes go:
“Chance favors the prepared mind.” —Louis Pasteur
Ah, but with great gifts come great responsibility — and having two free tickets to an awesome movie is a difficult challenge for a single guy like me. What should I do with the other ticket??? And what will others think about what I did with the other ticket??? Here’s the cycle of thought-choices that run through my head each time:
Option 1: Find a safe, same-gender movie buddy.
- Enjoy the movie for movie’s sake.
- Walang tampuhan.
- Getting labeled as a couple. Get a life — you free-ticket-jealous, green-eyed, rumor-mongering monsters.
Unfortunately, my movie buddies aren’t always available. So…
Option 2: Share ticket with random friend.
- Free ticket not wasted. Yay!
- If you give the ticket to someone whom you’re not that really close with, you risk having some other friends feel disappointed (tampo) with you.
- Most (if not all) of the time, solitude is a more preferable companion than an annoying movie buddy.
- Seriously, I don’t want to just randomly give away my precious (hahahah precioussssss) ticket to someone whom I actually hesitate sharing my prized loot with! I “worked” hard for it!!!
Option 3: Give both tickets away.
- Free tickets not wasted?
- ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? THOSE ARE MY TICKETS! MINE!!!
* * *
Option 4: Give to an opposite-gender friend/acquaintance/stranger.
- Free ticket not wasted…?
- Might send wrong message/signal to and/or about girl.
- Might send wrong ideas about girl TO EVERYONE IN MY AND HER SOCIAL NETWORK (both online and offline).
Option 5: Return extra ticket at the gate.
- No issues. No gossips. AND walang tampuhan.
- Sayang ng free ticket… sigh.
- And yeah, it sucks when I’m alone and stuck in between groups of annoying people in the cinema… which is more noticeable/observable simply because I am alone.
Promo prizes, particularly where free movie tickets are concerned, should not be limited to two pieces — or at least they should ask if the winner is single or not, and offer THREE tickets instead to all SINGLE GUYS/GIRLS hahaha!
But hey, who cares? MORE FREE TICKETS DILEMMAS for the SINGLE GUY!